Wednesday, February 28, 2018

February WIPocalypse Check in

Whaaaaat? The end of February already?? This one totally sneaked up on me. I guess watching all that Olympics just zoomed the time by. I absolutely LOVE the Olympics. I'd watch it all the time! But I often get overruled by the other 3 boys in the house. I have an extra soft spot for the Winter Olympics now because I watched the 2014 Olympics on my first maternity leave with my older son! Now seeing the sassy 4 year old while the Olympics are on makes me all misty. In fact, both my boys are born in Olympic years. My little one was born after the Summer Olympics in 2016. My husband just rolls his eyes. I have a such a keeper - he didn't even make me go down to the playroom TV and watch. I got to hog the big TV every day.

I guess you could say I did a Relay Rotation for the Olympics. I had 2 finishes, 1 give-up, and worked on 5 pieces in total. My stitch from stash budget is loving all this productivity!
My finishes are Summer Splendor from Bucilla and an ornament from Janlynn:

I decided to give up on Winter Reindeer. I hated the fabric, I hated the 4 strand half stitches, and then I had a counting mistake and I was about ready to throw the whole thing out the window. Ugh! Life is too short to hate your WIPs.

I also tried to work on my Frog Pile and Snow Family. I struggled with my stitchy bug and so progress is slow. I didn't meet my stitching goals but had to move on so I didn't lose my mojo completely.

But I did have a bonus start this month! I had a really emotional day and wanted to escape life. Since I couldn't fly away to a deserted island or tropical getaway, I decided on a new start. I started Phlox Box from Just Cross Stitch using a random hand dyed linen I found in stash and a Colour and Cotton floss I picked up during one of Angela's sales. I'm crossing my fingers that I'll have enough, as I think the colorway has been reformulated or discontinued. I've turned it into my work project and its stitching up beautifully. Yay!

February's blogging question is to identify your favorite gadget. I've returned to stitching after a long hiatus, so I don't have a bunch of gadgets that I'm loving. I'm trying a laying tool but I keep forgetting to use it. I enjoy my Qsnaps, but I think what I use most often is my ORT jar! I picked up a pretty vase from Michaels' and have used it for years. So here is my ORT jar...which is kind of my TUSAL check in too. :)

So I think that's all for now from my neck of the woods! I'm going to enjoy a glass of wine and catch up on all my shows from the last 2 1/2 weeks. 

Until next time, Happy Stitching!

~Julie 

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your finishes. And I love your ort jar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little christmas house looks a lot like one I did for my sister years ago for my sister and put it into a Christmas card. She still has it, so cute. Sorry about the reindeer, but totally understand, no fun if it stresses you out. love your other projects as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on 2 finishes! They both look great! And thankfully you didn't have too much stitched on the reindeer piece. I am loving your new start! That thread is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

March WIPocalypse check-in

Hello everyone! March was a rather spotty stitchy month for me. After having 2 finishes in both January and February, my remaining project...